This page is for cataloging those places that provide good and bad access for the mobility impaired. The City of Davis has a contact number (530) 757-5610 for access issues.
Accessible and Convenient
- http://daviscampusaccess.com is an incredible catalog of building access maps and photos.
- Applebee's - All-around good accessibility.
- Chen Building and the businesses that reside within it. There is an elevator.
- de Vere's Irish Pub - At least two or three tables have been modified to be particularly accessible. Just be sure to ask the greeter. One of the seats at the bar also conforms to ADA standards.
- Petco - They will assist customers with their shopping needs.
- Regal Cinemas Davis Stadium 5 - Wheelchair accessible and listening devices.
- Regal Cinemas Davis Holiday 6 - Wheelchair accessible and listening devices.
- Risto Hair International - There is a wheelchair ramp out front.
This is not a complete list yet:
- Adobe at Evergreen
- Atriums at La Rue Park Apartments
- College Town Commons Apartments
- Eastlake Apartments
- Sequoia Apartments
- Seville at Mace Ranch Apartments
- Suntree Apartments
- Wong Apartments
Inconvenient and Possibly Inaccessible
- 221 G Street - All the suites that share this address (in a historic building) are inaccessible due to a massive flight of stairs.
- Beautiful Massage - The business is located on the second floor of the Court 'N Cedar complex, which is only accessible via stairs.
- Burgers and Brew - B&B has been known to block their wheelchair ramp with tables. When a person tries to go up the ramp, the staff is forced to temporarily move the tables (and any diners who might be eating from them) to make the ramp accessible. The same process occurs again when the mobility-impaired person has finished eating and needs to leave. It's often embarrassing to everyone involved. As of February 2013, they still occasionally block the ramp with tables, and apparently couldn't care less about the disabled.
- Cloud Forest Cafe - The bathroom is not wheelchair accessible.
- Crepeville - (As of September, 2012, this problem has been corrected by the addition of a fully accessible table placed near the entrance.) It has been noted that some wheelchair users find the tables uncomfortable due to the physical dimensions.
- The Dumpling House - Many tables are tightly crammed together in a small building, making movement challenging but not impossible. The outdoor seating is probably your best bet.
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|