The Most Hated Person on Campus is an award given out semiannually to a student who runs for Senator in the ASUCD Election. That candidate may or may not win — but the important part is how many last ranked votes they received in the election. Since the last vote in a senate race will mathematically *never* be counted, the only reason to rank to the end is just to show someone how much you care.
Note that there is generally no real hatred involved, and the "honor" can, and usually is, held with pride, especially by people running protest or parody races.
Most Hated People:
- Rev. Chad Van Schoelandt - Fall 2004
- Rev. Chad Van Schoelandt - Winter 2005 - 64 votes
- Joe Harney Fall 2005 - 97 votes
- Mo Li - Winter 2006 - 203 votes
- Brent Laabs - Mock Election 2006 - 17 votes
- Kirk Cowgill - Fall 2006 - 174 votes
- Laura Nevins - Winter 2007 - 129 votes
- Edward Baraona - Fall 2007 - 446 votes
- H Seigenfeld - Winter 2008 - 302 votes
- Greg Webb - Fall 2008 - 337 votes
- Burke Rosen - Winter 2009 - 307 votes
- Christopher Adams - Fall 2009 - 149 votes
- Christopher Adams - Winter 2010 - 124 votes
- Mark Yudof - Spring 2010 Special Election - 986 votes (this was a vote of no confidence)
- Zachary Hansen - Fall 2010 - 125 votes
- Eli Yani - Winter 2011 - 150 votes - Yani has the distinction of being the first Most Hated Person to actually win a senate seat.
- Justin Goss - Fall 2011 - 423 votes - Goss not only won a senate seat, but also received the most 1st place votes. Most hated and most loved.
- Jonathan Soo Hoo - Winter 2012 - 178 votes
- Gloria Chen - Fall 2012 - 243 votes
- Araxya Movsisyan - Winter 2013 - 112 votes
2007-02-24 17:58:55 DAMN, people! that's harsh! why do you hate me so much? all i was doing was having a little fun... —LauraNevins
- Hey, don't sweat it. It's somewhat of an honor, albeit a dubious one. Van Schoelandt was kinda proud of it, in fact. Whatever you do, don't give up. I'd like to be able to vote for you again in the fall election. :) —WilliamLewis
- I'm saddened that you received the most last place votes - I would have hoped that that status would have been given to one of the fake candidates. :(. I dunno, I guess it might have been the profanity thing, as it offended some. —JosephBleckman
2009-02-20 20:22:26 Who'd have thunk that the guy who essentially said rape victims should be more responsible when it comes to not being raped would win this category? —MattBlair