The November 2008 election has the quadrennial distinction of being a vote for the office of the President of the United States, but there are also several state offices and propositions being brought to the people.
The election will be held on Tuesday November 4th, 2008. The last day to register was October 20th, 2008. The last day to request an absentee ballot was October 28th, 2008. For registration, early voting information, and county results, see http://www.yoloelections.org. California election results are available at the Secretary of State's website.
- Chuck Baldwin (Constitution Party) 17 votes in Yolo County
- Bob Barr (Libertarian Party) 315 votes in Yolo County
- John McCain (Republican Party) 24,592 votes in Yolo County
- Cynthia McKinney (Green Party) 303 votes in Yolo County
- Ralph Nader (Peace and Freedom Party) 693 votes in Yolo County
- Barack Obama (Democratic Party) 53,488 votes in Yolo County * Winner.
- Alan Keyes 221 votes in Yolo County
- Ron Paul 119 votes in Yolo County
- Frank Moore 1 vote in Yolo County
House of Representatives, 1st District
State Senate, 5th District
State Assembly, 8th District
- Proposition 1A: Safe, Reliable High-Speed Passenger Train. Bond Act
- Proposition 2: Standards for Confining Farm Animals. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 3: Children's Hospital Bond Act. Grant Program. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 4: Waiting Period and Parental Notification Before Termination of Minor's Pregnancy. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.
- Proposition 5: Nonviolent Drug Offenses. Sentencing, Parole, and Rehabilitation. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 6: Police and Law Enforcement Funding. Criminal Penalties and Laws. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 7: Renewable Energy Generation. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 8: Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry. Initiative Constitutional Amendment.
- Proposition 9: Criminal Justice System. Victims' Rights. Parole. Initiative Constitutional Amendment and Statute.
- Proposition 10: Alternative Fuel Vehicles and Renewable Energy. Bonds. Initiative Statute.
- Proposition 11: Redistricting. Initiative Constitutional Amendment and Statute.
- Proposition 12: Veterans' Bond Act of 2008
- Measure M — Los Rios Community College District Bond Measure
- Measure N — City of Davis Charter
- Measure W — Davis Joint Unified School District Parcel Assessment
- From several progressive organizations — Covering the state propositions.
- California Greens Prop Guide
- California Libertarian Voter Guide