Nutritional Yeast is flakey, yeasty like substance that is quite tasty and very good for you. If you ever visit the On Campus Co-ops, J Street Co-op or any other community housing, you will probably find a bunch of Hoopies sitting around a table pouring this stuff onto anything and everything. It is especially delicious on popcorn.
The most important part about Nutritional Yeast is its, well, nutritional properties.
- SUPER HIGH in B complex vitamins, which are the things most lacking in your body after a night of binge drinking
- Adds great flavor to your meals
- Adds lots of protein and fiber to your diet, which is especially good for vegetarians & vegans and college students whose diets are notorious for their lack of fiber
- Naturally low in fat and sodium
- Contains no sugar, artificial colors or flavors
- Dairy-free & Gluten-free
- In most cases it is certified kosher
- Tastes like egg yolk or bland cheese
Image request for NUT YEAST
For more on yeast, see The Phaff Collection.