People Watching, or armchair social anthropology, involves watching people interact with each other and their surroundings. Here are some prime people-watching locations:
- Nugget Market in North Davis has tables inside by the registers where you can sit and eat. Not only do you get to watch people, but you get to see what kind of groceries they're buying. Nugget's outside tables are great for watching kids and parents interact in the summer.
- The Patio at Sophia's Thai Kitchen has a bar which faces E Street. This vantage point is good for watching the bar crowds stumble around on nights when downtown is busy.
- The Memorial Union has tables on the south side of the building, often occupied by Fraternities, Jehovah's Witnesses, or Steve Lambert. There's a reservation process, but if a table is open, grab it.
- The Rec Pool has nearly naked people walking about.
- Probably the best place in Davis to peoplewatch is at the Davis' Farmer's Market on Saturday mornings. In the summer they also hold Picnic In The Park there on Wenzday evenings — with musicians and lots of food booths.
|This page is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the images button.|