Description and photos
The parade route, viewed from the O&M:Utilities truck in the parade
Family friendly Picnic Day seems to stop at the edge of campus, with the blocks close to campus (3rd Street and 2nd Street in particular) going nuts with parties, live music, booze, and hundreds of people wandering the streets.
Aftermath of the Downtown Block Party
(This should be reworked to say what happened/we all did)
Let's try and document this picnic day the best we can! If you are part of the Wiki and are participating please add your name and involvement:
- JasonAller plans on photographing the crowd from the parade for the wiki.
- PhilipNeustrom is going to run around everywhere with his dSLR and laptop for photos.
- SharlaDaly scored VIP tickets to the Fashion Show and will fit that in around cruising around the campus, then winding up at the Turtle House to see her son's band - Glug- play from 6-7 pm in the basement.
- JosephBleckman shall intrepedly defend an -Information Booth- with heroicnosity. The next day he plans to be part of the Operation Team for Cleaning Up as well.
- Elise Kane will be roving around for the third year in a row, armed with an awesome dSLR, capturing photos for The California Aggie. Two other Aggie photogs will be enlisted as well. Elise might also capture some SLR b & w photos with her own equipment. It's gonna be a great one, kids!
- AllisonEriksen spent the day entertaining everyone with the power of Rock n' Roll and the Aggie Band by carrying the banner at the head of the parade, playing at the end of the parade, at the rally, and the Marching Band Battle. She ended up sleeping through the last half hour or so of the battle while on top of a pile of backpacks and was awakened in time to join in on Aggie Fight.
- Uh, TusharRawat has a camera hidden somewhere...
- LaineWalkerAvina will prevent the robots from taking over Davis at the 12th Annual IEEE Micromouse Competetion in 2205 Haring.
- JanelleAlvstadMattson will be at the Davis Lutheran Church BBQ much of the day (Everyone's invited! see the Events Board). There, she'll be singing with the Crossings Band there and eating homemade pie! She hopes to see the parade and to check out the Doxie Derby. She'll take pictures where ever she can!
See also: Picnic Day 2006 Tag on Flickr
2006-04-25 01:35:06 I completely failed to take any pictures. I see however, that others did not have any difficulty. I was actually giving tours of the campus and Picnic Day events to my prospective-student friends. Too bad I'm not an official guide, I wasn't being paid! —TusharRawat
2006-04-25 11:34:17 I watched the Doxie Derby, and played in the Alumni Band-Uh. Woohoo! —MattNagel
2006-04-30 12:13:43 I watched the Doxie derby...all of it....for 4 hours. Sierra trumps all once again! —SydneySwartz
2006-05-01 18:37:11 Are you telling me that NO ONE got a picture of the Band-uh! alums moving the car off the parade route?! —AllisonEriksen