A podcast is RSS text that contains a link to an mp3. It's usually automatically downloaded, using some sort of podcast utility, to a portable media device like an iPod (hense the name "Podcast").
However, as mp3s, podcast files can be played on computers and burned onto audio CDs - iPods and other portable media players are not required. And since the content is downloaded at any given time, it isn't "broadcasted," either. Thus, "podcast" is a misnomer, even though it is universally recognized.
Davis Based Podcasts
- This Week in Science — Kirsten Sanford's KDVS show about science.
- Davis Sports Deli Podcast — KDVS Sports Hosts Jonathan Santiago & Aaron Fischman discuss sports and interview sports journalists, athletes, bloggers and personalities.
- The Inoculated Mind — Former Aggie columnist Karl J. Mogel's science based KDRT show/podcast.
- Grace and Glory Audio — sermons in MP3 format from Grace Valley Christian Center
- Davis Garden Show, aka Gardening West of the Causeway — Lois Richter & Don Shor from the Redwood Barn Nursery
- Lois Richter sometimes podcasts interviews from her KDRT radio show "That's Life"
- VELOLUTION — Public affairs show on KDVS about all things bicycle related.
- "The Point Is..." is a daily podcast by an Aggie Alumni, Alex Nero, and his co-host AlexGut. They talk about everything.
Davis Oriented Podcasts
- Are there any?
- KDVS offers podcasts of their public affairs programming via the Show pages at KDVS.org, some of which are Davis Oriented (Local Dirt, i.e.). KDVS would have all their programming available on podcast if it weren't for the FCC...