|Given the nature of the topic, some of the links here may be not safe for work|
|This article is a Naked List, and needs content added to it so it's more than just a list.|
Pictures, videos, audio, or texts about pornography or what some people call the "good stuff".
Where to find it in Davis
- Aggie Liquor
- Fast and Easy Mart ("Fast and Sleazy")
- Quick Shop Market
- The Internet
In the past, UC Davis has been host to free public screenings of pornographic movies. For example, in 2009, ASUCD's Entertainment Council filled SciLec with viewers eager to see Pirates II: Stagnetti's Revenge on the biggest screen of the biggest lecture hall on campus.
Outside of Davis
- Fry's Electronics (in Sacramento)
- Goldie's Adult Superstore (in Sacramento — 201 N 12th St, (916) 447-5860) is pretty much the biggest adult store around.
- Video Clearance Center (Several locations in Sacramento) may have the widest variety of cheap porn.
- see Internet Service Providers
Pornography In The Dorms
Pornography is particularly annoying when everyone in the dorms simultaneously realizes that cyber-nudies are available at 10mb/s. When spring fever hits, it's possible one giddy person will hog up all the bandwidth and affect everyone else. It's truly disturbing to sneak into a roommates room and see the weird fudge he's downloading. Wild. Taking a picture of his screen with a digicam provides good laughs and possible blackmailing later on! For more nakedness, see: Sex.
Understandably, production is kept fairly quiet. Any local noted pornographers, feel free to add yourselves.
- In 2004 SuicideGirls featured a photo of a young woman on Stevenson Bridge. Her name on the site was "Absinthe." She was a Davis native, attending Davis High School and graduating in 2004.
- This has been bothering me for a long time. I knew the girl in question and I saw the pictures on SuicideGirls. The pictures were not porn, they were erotica. There's a pretty big difference. She was/is a good kid and should not have to bear the accusation of being a porn model for doing something a little wild in her youth.
- Welcome to Davis, I recognize Absinthe.... I told her she could do modeling in like Jr. High. I also know of several mature Davisites and another 04 alumni who became active in the porn industry. Good times —StevenDaubert
- Davis professor Darrell Hamamoto created a 50-minute pornographic film entitled "Skin on Skin" and a shorter film, "Yellowcaust: A Patriot Act," consisting of clips from the first. They mix intensely sexually explicit scenes with a deep message, mainly... a juxtaposition of the subjugation of Asians against graphic sex. There is a documentary about "Skin on Skin" titled Masters of the Pillow. It was featured on a segment of The Daily Show and is available to watch here.
- In 2011, genderqueer porn star Jiz Lee gave a talk on campus for GASC's Generation Sex Week. They spoke on their involvement with the queer porn movement in San Francisco, visibility for marginalized communities in porn including queer women and trans people of color, ethical pornography, and porn as art and activism.
- In 2011 A former student of UC Davis appeared at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, a legal brothel in Nevada turn reality show. Dani James appeared in a soft core porn directed and produced by the same staff as their long time running HBO series "Cathouse." Dani starred with a fellow nameless UCD student in the soft core porn style light bondage scene. (link)
In Peets (downtown) the other day, I saw some weird guy peddling porn...just something random—ArianeMetz
Hrmm I don't like the implication that porn is worse than erotica or that a good person wouldn't be associated with porn... (see note about SuicideGirls). It's fine if people wanna differentiate between erotica and porn, but not if we're making value judgements about porn/erotica and the people involved in them. — JenniferGiang