Produce is a book of short fiction and poetry by accomplished UC Davis [Undergraduates "undergraduate"] and graduate students. A reinvention of the UCD undergraduate literary magazine known as Seele (pronounced zay-luh), Produce was grown in association with the UC Davis English Club.
To purchase, contact the above email or one of the editors. The cost is $10.
Released June 2007
- Contents: 148 pages; 19 undergraduate poems, 17 undergraduate pieces of fiction, 14 graduate poems and pieces of fiction
- Editors: Crystal Cheney, Tyler Fyotek, Brian Ang, Vanessa Uhlig, Elise Kane, Jacob Israel Chilton, Bo Hee Kim, Carmen Lau, Preston Hatfield, J. Richard Roche, Monica Storss
- Undergraduate Poetry: Michelle Tang-Jackson, Brian Ang, Naushad Ulhaq, Vanessa Uhlig, Nathan Test, Susan Calvillo, Jacob Roche, Elise Kane, Arnold Kemp, Alicia Raby, Jacob Israel Chilton, Henry 7 Reneau Jr., Kristen Judd, Collin Brennan, Tyler Fyotek, Toni Chisamore
- Undergraduate Fiction: Carmen Lau, Michelle Tang-Jackson, Rachel Slotnick, Ryan Willingham, Preston Hatfield, Long Lim, James Xiao, Bo Hee Kim, Jessica Ng, Kira McManus, Dahlia Grossman-Heinze, Sam Bivins, J. Richard Roche, Hailey Yeager
- Graduate: Monica Storss, Gabrielle Myers, Patricia Killelea, Jeanine Peters, Crystal Anderson, Emily Norwood, Masin Persina, Crystal Cheney
The book was created with no departmental or university funding, released independently through Moonstreet Press and printed in Massachusetts. Prior to its official release, three of the eight editors, (Kaelan Smith, Elise Kane, and Crystal Cheney), were guests on Dr. Andy Jones's esteemed KDVS 90.3 fm radio show—Dr. Andy's Poetry and Technology Hour—where they explained the book editing process and financial challenges of publishing. They also read some of their own work from the book as a sample for listeners. Produce debuted May 18, 2006 at a release party held in the Art Building lobby. Sacramento band Johanna provided entertainment.
- Contents: 31 poems, 20 pieces of fiction
- Editors: Kaelan Smith, Tristen Chang, Crystal Cheney, Emily Connors, Elise Kane, James Xiao, Marie Burcham, Sam Spieller
- Poetry: S.A. Spieller, Michelle Jackson, Tristen Chang, Patricia Anne Killelea, Elise Kane, Arjuna Neuman, Marie Burcham, Alycia Raby, Arnold Kemp, James Xiao, Nathan Smith, Kaelan Smith, and Michael Giardina.
- Fiction: Kaelan Smith, Crystal Cheney, Emily Connor, Tristen Chang, Kate James, Luke Maulding, Melissa Chordas, Marie Burcham, Michael Giardina, Diana Chan, S. A. Spieller, James Xiao.