These are places with a terminal/computer set up that anyone can use to get on the Internet for bit.
- ARC Cyberlounge has 8 public use terminals off the main lobby. No Aggie card required!
- City Hall - 23 Russell Blvd.
- Yolo County Library
- Davis Senior Center - 646 A St.
- Campus - Various libraries: Health Sciences Library, Physical Sciences Library and Shields Library Student Health and Wellness Center. No email checking on some computers.
Some of these computers are maintained by the Linux Users Group of Davis.
There are also Computer Labs that aren't always exactly public.
These are places with non-free internet access:
- FedEx Office formerly FedEx Kinko's. Free Wi-Fi but use of their computers is not free.
When using a public computer, you can turn on Privacy Mode in Firefox or a similar feature called Private Browsing in Internet Explorer. If you are not using privacy mode it is a good idea to erase the cookies and history after you are done. Privacy mode will automatically do this for you.
Another reference: http://www.dcn.davis.ca.us/go/webacces/