Where you've seen me before: ARC Aerobics instructor ARC Sanshou Head Coach ARC MA Student Coordinator
I may not have experience in ASUCD yet but I am very familiar with running a campus unit. I helped research, design, create and maintain the ARC Martial Arts Program.
Yes! Here's my official platform. Check it out and if you wanna add or aruge something feel free to message me
Hi, my name is Rawi Nanakul and I am a 4th year Music and Psychology double major. The theme of my platform is community. In light of rising student fees and the slowly shrinking ASUCD budget, I think we should look to connecting with the entire campus as a source of growth. Instead of creating new ASUCD units to fulfill student needs (i.e. spending money), we should tap into existing resources and increase the efficiency of current programs. My plan is to work with academic units, campus resources, and other campus related resources in order to continue the expansion student services of ASUCD. Why should we spend more money to have entertainers or musicians to come in, when there are many students on campus who are just as good? Creating a connected campus community will not only increase services provided by ASUCD but also bring together the campus as a whole. Only as whole will we have a strong voice to fight budget cuts, financial aid cuts, and rising student fees.
Big on Safety
- Expanded men and women self-defense programs that offer different styles of self-defense.
- Working with Cowell Student Health Center and the UCD ARC to increase health, wellness and fitness education and promotion.
Big on Responsibility
- Making sure the rights of students are upheld and informing students that they indeed do have rights under the ASUCD Constitution.
- Organizing the power of democracy to combat rising student fees.
- Educating students on fair housing practices and how they can combat unfair management practices.
Big on Representation
- Ensuring the ASUCD website is up to date and expanded. There should be more then just an email of contact person of that group and title at each page. There should be group histories, pictures, etc. Our ASUCD website should reflect the community aspect of ASUCD, not a structural outline of management.
- Formation of an online Senate forum. This will allow open discussion of Senate topics between Senators and students.
- Expanding the ASUCD Entertainment Council to offer more options for entertainment. This does not necessarily mean spending more money to bring in more shows. Instead, connecting with campus resources such as the UCD Music department, Theatre department, or even the Chemistry department (fireworks in a test tube are always fun).
BIGGER is BETTER!