It's a pretty good bet that most banks and many credit unions offer safe deposit boxes. How big are they and how much do they cost? What sort of account, if any, does one have to have with the bank in order to open up a safe deposit box? Good questions! I don't know! WIKI PROJECT TIME! Choose one of the banks below, call them up, and tell us what you find out!
- Bank of America
- Chase - has them, charges set-up fee for "free deposit box w/certain account types"
- First Northern Bank- has them, rates?
Golden 1 Credit UnionDoesn't offer safe deposit boxes at their Davis branch.
- Premier West Bank
- River City Bank
- Travis Credit Union — Has safe deposit boxes. Rates?
- US Bank
- Union Bank — Has safe deposit boxes. Rates?
USE Credit UnionDoesn't offer safe deposit boxes at their Davis branch.
- Wells Fargo - has them at the downtown location. $20 key deposit (one time fee), box rates start from $35/year. You need an account there to get a box.
- Yolo Federal Credit Union