A number of restaurants in Davis serve items that aren't listed on the menu. Impress your friends, family and business clientelle with knowledge this information. Of course, since they have food items behind the counter they want to sell to you, with a bit of creativity (and the help of an employee or owner who can price them), you can invent new items.
If you know of any unlisted items at Davis restaurants, please list them below:
- Chuy's Taqueria: quesadillas with chile verde.
- In-N-Out: a number of unlisted items in their secret menu.
- Jamba Juice: Unlike In-N-Out's absolutely not secret menu, Jamba Juice has an *actual* secret "underground" menu that very few people know about. Over 15 smoothies (ranging from not-as-healthy to bad-for-you) are available to order: Pink Starburst, Raspberry Dreamin', Pineapple Dreamin', Bluetopia, Sourpatch Kid, Now and Later, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Apple Pie, Fruity Pebbles, Strawberry Shortcake, Red Gummy Bear, White gummy bear, chocolate gummy bear. It should be noted that the drink you order may depend on the cashiers knowledge of the secret menu. While some drinks, such as Pink Starburst and White Gummy Bear are in the system and any cashier can click it, other drinks (such as Red Gummy Bear) are considered custom variations. So the custom variations differ store to store, or employee to employee.
- Pink Starburst is available at least at the Davis Commons location. Both of the people I know that have ordered it have said that it tastes "just like" pink starburst candies. —LeonardMarque
- Shanghai Town: has a mix of secret (not so secret but not translated to English) foods on the menu, on a sign on the wall, and by special request. Note that many of the untranslated items are on the green English menu, with stars next to them to indicate that they are Shanghai Style.
- Taqueria Guadalajara: chile relleno burrito. Tarcisio aka "Boss" is skilled at preparing Mexico City cuisine and will happily make you authentic food even if it's not on the menu.
2007-07-13 19:02:05 What about restaurants that have menus (or parts of menus) that are in languages other than English? (Davis Noodle City is one such restaurant). Anyone willing and able to do some translating? I think that would be useful information for the Davis wiki to provide. —CovertProfessor
2007-07-14 22:40:04 Jamba Juice has an entire secret menu, but I have no idea what the items consist of. Things like "white star" and the like hold no valuable information. —TarZxf
2013-02-07 17:12:39 I have heard that Guad's also has carne asada fries? Can anyone verify this? —HannahToru