This is the central place for resources that help keep the wiki well-organized.
Making the wiki well-organized/good on a global scale
- Recent Changes — Shows all changes in the wiki. Of course, you've got to know about Recent Changes. This is the grand-daddy of them all.
- Lame Wiki Pages — Lists pages identified by users as needing help. Some are stubs, some are confusing, and some are just unsalvagably lame.
Keeping the wiki well-linked
- Wanted Pages — Shows all links that aren't yet pages.
- Orphaned Pages — Pages that are not linked to from anywhere.
- Outgoing Links — Ranks all pages based on the number of links on them. A page with 0 links is a dead end!
- Seed Pages List — Lists pages in need of content.
Some pages are flagged with the Include macro to mark them as:
- [[Include(Seed)]] to marks the page as a Seed with a link to edit the page.
- [[Include(PhotoRequest)]] to marks the page as a photo request
- [[Include(IntegrateComments)]] to mark the page as needed cleanup/comment integration
- [[Include(FactCheck)]] to mark the page as needing a fact checked, can be used right near the statement
- [[Include(NoLongerExists)]] For pages or subjects that no longer exist (preferably, use the 'Departed Business' flag instead)
- [[include(Relevance)]] to mark pages apparently not related to Davis
- [[include(UCDCentric)]] to mark pages written only from a UCD perspective
- [[Include(Copy/Paste)]] For pages that are obviously copied/pasted from another website
- [[Include(HIPAA Restrictions)]] For pages about doctors of medical personnel
- [[Include(Departed Business)]] to mark departed businesses
- [[Include(Advert)]] to mark a page that sounds like an advertisement
All the other flags are two words, make one word? —ArlenAbraham
Some Wikizens get a kick out of making and/or using these.
- [[Include(ambiguation)]] A parody of the 'Disambiguation' flag (which doesn't actually exist on this wiki). Mainly used as a flag for Lame Wiki Pages
- [[include(realdavis)]] for pages that actually have something to do with Davis
- [[Include(Apathy)]] to...whatever...
- [[Include(CitationNeeded)]] Another parody of wikipedia, for use when people try to enforce NPOV here
Page Size — Shows list of pages ranked by size. Gives indication of how much content there is.
- Disabled/Broken. See Friends Urging Campus Kindness Platform for details.
- All Pages — Auto-generated master list of all pages in the wiki.
- Random Page
Making individual pages better organized
If you have a lot of headings (which you should — they're great for breaking up big pages!), [[TableOfContents]] will generate a table of contents for the page based on the headlines in the page (play with it).
So that means, given the current headlines on this page, if I do [[TableOfContents]], I get:
and those are links to those sections in the text. Nifty!