|Danielle Foster, Housing and Human Services Superintendent|
|Third Monday of each month at 7:00pm|
|Number of Members|
|7 Regular members|
|1 Alternative member|
The Social Services Commission is one of the city's commissions that assists the City Council. It has the following functions:
- Advises the City Council on all matters relating to issues of social services which affect the citizens of Davis, including but not limited to the issues of social services in health, affordable housing, homelessness, hunger, transit, child care, elder adult services, accessibility and low income needs.
- Serves, at the request of the City Council, as a community forum for education, discussion and debate around the issues of social services.
- Holds public hearings and community forums on issues which fall within its charge, and calls appropriate witnesses to provide pertinent information.
- Serves, at the request of the City Council, as a liaison between community groups organizing around issues of socials services, and city government.
- Coordinates efforts of the City of Davis in recognition of volunteers and documents the value of volunteer contributions to the city.
- Advises the City Council on Community Development Block Grant, Home Investment Partnership Program and other social services-related Federal and State grant programs.
- Coordinates with other city commissions on matters of mutual interest.
Past Members include:
- Steven D. Lee (2008-2009)
- Derick Wydick
- Avi Singh
Note: Two date two undergrads have served on this commission—which is unusual for any commission—Steven Lee and Avi Singh. The latter was removed due to unexcused absences.
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|