|Every other Thursday at 6:00pm|
|at the Student Farm/Bowley Hall|
The UC Davis group Students for Sustainable Agriculture works to engage the campus and larger community in a socially just and ecologically balanced approach to agriculture. They were featured in article in the ASUCD's Campus Center for the Environment's Reorientation Guide.
To realize our mission (and vision) we employ the following methods:
- Connect communities through the celebration of food
- Integrate practice and theory to promote ecosystem and human health
- Empower students
- Utilize local resources and knowledge
- Support both interdisciplinary and experiential education
- Advocate research pertinent to sustainable agriculture
- Stimulate innovative and accessible public outreach in the greater community
- Facilitate discussion among diverse viewpoints and perspectives
- Support the greater community of farmers, farm workers, and consumers
Projects: past, current and on-going
- Development of curriculum for new UCD Sustainable Agriculture major: Sustainable Agriculture and Food Systems
- UCD/Davis Sustainable Ag directory
- Campus Food System Sustainability Project ~ check out our Participatory Action Research Summary and Workbook!!
- Community outreach (website, sustainable agriculture poster displays, attending events, fact sheets etc.)
- Recruitment, network building and strategic planning
- Alternatives in Sustainable Agriculture lecture series planning
- Local Dirt! A public affairs radio show focused on agrifood system issues.
This Fall, the UC Davis Students for Sustainable Agriculture co-sponsored a Sustainable Living Workshop Series.
All workshops were FREE and OPEN to the public, and available for academic credit for UCD students.