Sushi (literally "vinegar rice") is a type of Japanese food that is quite popular in Davis. You used to be able to see a line in front of Fuji Chef in the morning before it opened, but the opening of Davis Sushi Buffet a short distance away thinned things out. The California Aggie Marching Band-Uh had a sushi eating challenge. There are many opinions about which sushi restaurant is the best in town. Several of these restaurants offer all-you-can-eat buffets.
Sushi Restaurants in Davis
- Davis Oshio Cafe
- Davis Sushi Buffet Japanese Restaurant - All you can eat buffet.
- Fuji Chef - All you can eat buffet
- Huku Japanese Bistro
- Jusco - Even though this is all you can eat, it isn't a buffet. You order what you want and they'll make it for you.
- Moshi Moshi
- Nami Sushi - Even though this is all you can eat, it isn't a buffet. You order what you want and they'll make it for you.
- Sushi Unlimited
- Zen Toro
Other Places to Buy Sushi in Davis
- Davis Food Co-op
- Kim's Mart - technically kimbap, sometimes called "Korean sushi."
- Lee's Deli
- Mermaid Sushi (inside of the Davis Food Co-Op)
- Westlake IGA
- Trader Joe's
- ASUCD Coffee House
Sushi Restaurants Elsewhere
Departed Sushi Restaurants
2010-02-05 12:21:26 Does anyone know which, if any, sushi places do takeout (other than the supermarkets, of course)? I'm particularly interested in the nicer places like Zen Toro or Mikuni. Seems like it'd make for a nice home date night. —TomGarberson
2010-02-05 14:29:23 tom... sushi unlimited does, it has been dependably good!