|The subject of this entry no longer exists in Davis or is a former version of something that came afterwards.All information here is for historical reference only.|
|City Manager's Office|
|Rick Guidara, Information Systems Manager|
|First Wednesday of each month at 2:30pm|
|City Training Room, 600 A Street|
|Number of Members|
|3 Regular members|
|1 Alternative member|
|4 Regular members serving as representatives from the following community groups:|
|Davis Community Network, Davis Community Television,|
|Davis Joint Unified School District, and UC Davis|
The City Council dissolved the Telecommunications Commission on Sept. 10, 2013.
- Advises staff in developing letters of support or non-support of legislation affecting city telecommunication issues using already established criteria
- Facilitates communication projects and shared information between the city, the Davis community and community partners in a pro-active, clear, effective and straightforward manner to improve telecommunication services.
- Advises staff on the community uses of the Institutional Network.
- Advises Council about the development of telecommunication agreements.
- Recommends ways to bridge the digital divide for all Davis residents.