The Chancellor's Award of Merit as established in 1991 to recognize and honor finalists in the Mary Jeanne Gilhooly and Veloyce Glenn Winslow, Jr. Awards process.
The selection criteria for this award are:
- Must graduate by the end of the summer session of the graduation year
- Must have attended UCD for at least 2 academic years
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall and not be on academic probation at end of Fall quarter prior to graduation
Winners are honored with a commemorative gift.
This award is one of five Student Recognition Awards that UC Davis gives out.
- 2010 - Chris Dietrich, Nicki Sun, Mo Torres
- 2009 - Steven D. Lee
- 2008 - Marie Alejandria, Katherine Berrey, Jacquelyn Braggin, Eric Friedman Christine Marsden, Chad Roberts, Jim Yu
- 2006 - Angelina Malfitano
- 2005 - Jenna M. Khoury
- 2002 - Vita Cooper
- 1997 - Aaron Bloom
- Unknown - Lamar Heystek, whenever he was a senior at UCD.