|This entry refers to a departed business that has closed or left town. All information here is for historical reference only.|
|2225 Glacier Drive|
|Whenever I'm home, please call first|
|Cash or Check|
The Computer G
I'm all about fixing your computer and not putting a dent in your wallet. I work at home, for $45 an hour ($30 for students), and usually can fix your computer for less than $45 (with no minimum charge, if it takes only 10 minutes to fix, that'll be $7.50). Leave me a message by phone or email, I'll get back to you shortly, drop off your computer (I could come to you), and I'll let you know how long it should take to fix your computer and about how much it'll cost you before I start working on it (the diagnosis is free).
I work on fixing problems with speed/slow computers, viruses, hardware, operating systems specializing in Windows Vista, XP, and Linux, but also have done work with Macs and BSD.
I also upgrade hardware and build custom machines with a multitude of pricing options. I like to make sure that my customers understand their options to ensure they get exactly what they want and not spend more than they want either. You can also choose a type of computer you need built; family computer, gaming computer, business computer/laptop, musician's computer, engineering/graphics design computer, lightweight and portable computer, business server, standard computer, cheap computer.
For a short list of things that I can do:
- Repairing a non bootable computer.
- Repairing a broken LCD screen on a laptop.
- Optimizing and speeding up a slow computer.
- Repairing a computer that crashes too much, or software that doesn't work properly.
- Reformatting a computer.
- Installing new software.
- Recovering data on a failing/failed hard drive.
- Replacing or upgrading motherboards, hard drives, processors, ram, power supply's, fans, sound cards, video cards, etc.
- Setting up secure wired and wireless networks with appropriate software to ensure your computers security.
- Setting up computers to dual boot windows and linux (i.e. ubuntu, or your choice of linux distribution).
- Finding and removing viruses/spyware/malware.
- Installing programs to protect your computer from viruses/spyware/malware.
- Help in decisions to purchase new computers for student/secretary/son or daughter/etc.
A little background: I'm new to Davis, I recently moved here from Bakersfield, but back in Bakersfield I worked as a local computer technician for 7 years fixing peoples computers, installing networks for homes and businesses, building custom computers for different applications, and as a computer technician for 3 years for an entertainment/wedding business managing disk jockey/entertainment computers' software and hardware.