The Fly Fishers of Davis (FFD) is a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization with 140+ members that is dedicated to teaching people about fly fishing, swapping fishing stories, sponsoring fly fishing outings and conservation projects, and generally enjoying the fine art of fly fishing.
The Club generally meets at 7:30 p.m. on the last Tuesday of each month, usually at Frances Harper Junior High School, located at 4000 E. Covell Blvd, Davis CA
Club Meetings are FREE to the general public. The Club typically will sponsor a guest speaker, who usually narrates a 1 hour PowerPoint presentation covering some aspect of fly fishing or conservation project. Besides the presentation, the Club Meeting is an opportunity to learn more about the Club at the Membership Table, partake in the raffle of fly fishing items, peruse the library of fly fishing books and videos, sign up for one of the Club Fly Fishing Outings, or get updates on fly fishing reports. Meetings are usually done by 9:00 p.m.
Notable Club Activities and Happenings
• Monthly Club Meetings
• ~ 20 yearly Club Outings including Putah Creek, Yuba River, Baum Lake, Lower Sacramento Float, Pyramid Lake, Delta Bass Tournament, Hat Creek, Sacramento River Shad, Lake Davis, Delta Striper Fest and more.
• Beginner and Advanced Fly Fishing classes for Club members
• Beginner and Advanced Fly Tying classes for Club members hosted by master tyer Bob Zasoski
• Fly casting clinics with FFF certified master Jeff Putnam
• Monthly casting tips with FFF certified casting master Sam Yee
• The Club sponsors numerous local conservation projects
• The Club sponsors a UC Davis Center for Aquatic Biology & Aquaculture scholarship
• The Club sponsors a Fish Camp Scholarship for children 10-15 years of age hosted by The Fly Shop in Redding, CA
• The Club sponsors a Salmon in the Classroom program of local educators
How do you become a FFD Member?
Annual dues for Adult Memberships and Family Memberships are $30/year. Student Memberships are $15/year.
The best way to join is to stop by one of our monthly Club Meetings and see what we are all about. You can sign up at the Membership Table.
Fly Fisher of Davis Contact Information
Membership Info: Membership@flyfishersofdavis.org
Address: P.O Box 525, Davis, CA 95618
Go to flyfishersofdavis.org/newsl.shtml for a link to our current newsletter (which is published monthly the weekend before the Club Meeting) or archived newsletters.