|(Precipitate Records: 1411 W. covell blvd,suite 106, mailbox 249, davis ca, 95616)|
|(making beats everyday)|
Using an asr-10 as a canvas, samples as paint, drum loops as brushes, The Nothing blends JAZZ, classical, and world beat influences and creates HIP HOP BEATS that are musical works of art. Following in the same vein as RJD2 and hailing from Davis, CA (hometown of fellow artist DJ SHADOW), Matt Fisher, aka: The Nothing, was raised on jazz and blues. At 13 he found hip-hop and never looked back, spending his adolescence with HIEROGLYPHICS, TRIBE, DE LA SOUL, and KRS ONE.
Now THE NOTHING has hooked up with like-minded artists all with one goal: making music simply for the love of it. Fisher has been lucky enough to work with one of underground hip-hop's best: LUCKYIAM.PSC of the LIVING LEGENDS. PSC used seven of The Nothing's beats for his 2003 release EXTRA CREDIT 2: SUMMER SCHOOL. This album boasted a roster of underground greats such as DJ D-STYLES of the World Famous BEAT JUNKIES, and emcees ACEYALONE and THE GROUCH, both of whom appear on The Nothing track "The Wise". With his first solo release THE NOTHING has taken his multi-faceted background and woven it into a soothing DOWN-TEMPO musical experience.
- "effortlessly hip" - Alive and Kicking
- "...a concept album that accomplishes the rare feat of staying true to its intention and holding the listeners attention." - The Davis Enterprise
key selling points:
- This album has received airplay on many college and independent radio stations, including the influential KDVS (Davis, CA), KCSB (Santa Barbara, CA), KCSF (San Francisco, CA), plus 50 other college radio stations in California
- Appearing on the Vans Warp tour as DJ for El Jefe
- Shares the tracklisting on KDVS's Hip Hop Compilation with other artists such as J-LIVE, DJ DNA and the FENOM CIRCLE. This album is being sent to every college radio station in America
- Featured artist on FUEL TV, Fox Network's extreme sports channel
- On a mission to bring back jazzy hip-hop, this album represents his unique view of music in general, and certainly confirms one thing: While the name may be misleading, The Nothing is certainly something
- fans of DJ KRUSH, BUCK 65, DJ CAM, and KRUDER & DORFMEISTER will like this album