|P.O. Box 73853, Davis, CA 95617|
|(Mon-Fri: 8AM - 5PM)|
|+1 (530) 406-1330|
|(Shannon K. Johnson)|
The WISE Foundation is a non-profit organization.
International students experience anywhere from one month to one semester to an entire year at an American University while living with a host family. Their goal is to better learn about the US culture by living it. We recommend this program for families who want to develop life long friendships and a global perspective by hosting!
WISE™ University programs offer unique cross-cultural experiences for international participants and their U.S. hosts. University Homestay programs offer international students a chance to experience life in the United States in a typical American family, while pursuing studies and practicing English at a leading university. Programs are located throughout California in a variety of communities.
If you might be interested in becoming a WISE Host Family please contact us as soon as possible! We would love to get your application processed and completed in time to host students for the upcoming quarter. If you are considering being a host family, we highly recommend you view our local website (listed above) which has many details about hosting, students, services we offer and more. Our "Basic Requirements" for hosting include:
- Providing a furnished private room which includes a bed, desk, a place to store clothing, adequate lighting for studying as well as wireless internet
- You must live in a neighborhood that is clean, pleasant, safe and within a reasonable distance to campus
- English must be the primary language spoken in your home, many of our students choose homestay in order to improve their conversational English skills
- You must provide dinner at least 4 nights per week, the host family stipend is always based on the meal-plan chosen (generally 2-3 meals/day)
- We ask that you engage with a student by taking them on local trips (to the Farmer's Market, Old Sacramento, etc.) and participate in activities together (board games, movie nights, etc.) when possible
For a full list please visit our page specifically for Host Families on our website: http://www.wiseuniversityhomestay.com/host_families
|This entry is a seed, a starting point for writing a full entry. You can help the Davis Wiki by expanding it! Just click the "Edit" button.|
|This page is in need of a Photo.To add an image to this page, click "Edit" then click the images button.|