A topiary is a bush or plant trimmed into a decorative shape, most often an animal. There are many topiaries scattered throughout Davis. One great example is the Locomotive Hedge, but there are many more.
- 1st Street Topiary
- C Street Topiary
- Locomotive Hedge
- Five Heart Topiary
- Elephant in front of Emerson Junior High
- Musical instruments on the south side of the old music building at Davis Senior High School
- A truck near the DHS auto shop
- A number of topiaries exist in the complex and in the parking lot of the Davis Medical Center on Anderson Road including a star, a partially formed turtle, a whale, a ship, and a snake.
- Pandas! in front of Panda Express
- A snake is located near Chestnut
- Spirals at Oakshade Town Center on the corner of Pole Line and Cowell
Some of Davis' distinctive topiaries were created by George Sommerdorf, who shared his knowledge and art on HGTV in this video.