|Serving with Compassion|
|Mondays at 7:10 in ARC meeting room 1|
The Tzu Chi Collegiate Association is the collegiate branch of Tzu Chi. They hold volunteer events multiple times a week to help out in the community and provide opportunities for busy college students to do volunteer work within the local area that is rewarding and meaningful. They are a registered student organization at UC Davis.
They participate in a weekly Sunday breakfast distribution near the Sacramento Salvation Army shelter and do other events such as e-waste recycling, bone marrow registry drives, food/clothing donation drives, and book distributions to local school children. They follow Tzu Chi's 8 main missions, which are:
- Charity - Educating the rich to help the poor; inspiring the poor to realize their riches
- Medicine - Patient-centered medical care that respects patients as teachers
- Education - Educating children to be moral and upright
- Culture - Recording the examples of goodness and integrity for future generations
- International Relief - Caring for people in suffering in the global village
- Bone Marrow Donation - Donating your marrow to save a life without harming yourself
- Environmental Protection - Practicing environmental protection to live in harmony with Mother Earth
- Community Volunteers - By supporting and caring for each other, they make a beautiful neighborhood
They meet at 7:10 every Monday in ARC meeting room 1.