|UC Davis East Quad- MU|
|Fall & Spring Quarters: Wed 11:00AM-1:30PM|
UC Davis Farmers Market News
The UC Davis Farmers Market is designed to promote student health as well as local and UC Davis food products. It is a seasonal on-campus extension of the Davis Farmers Market. It runs each Wednesday of fall and spring quarters from 11:00 am to 1:30 pm.
- UC Davis Dining Services
- UC Davis Student Housing
- Campus Recreation and Unions
- Davis Farmers Market Association
- Student Health and Counseling Services
- UC Davis Stores
- ASUCD Coffee House
The UC Davis Farmers Market developed from a collaboration between a number of campus partners in an effort to increase access to fresh, local produce for busy UC Davis students, staff and faculty during fall and spring quarters. A 2011 survey of UC Davis students found that over 60% eat two or fewer servings of fruits and vegetables a day. The UC Davis Farmers Market offers an easy and convenient way for the UCD community to incorporate more nutrition-packed fruits and vegetables into their diet. The campus is operated under the umbrella of multiple sponsoring departments including Student Health & Counseling Services' Health Education & Promotion, UC Davis Stores, Campus Recreation and Unions, Davis Farmers Market Association, ASUCD Coffee House, UC Davis Student Housing, and UC Davis Dining Services to make this a possibility.
Every Wednesday morning the market occurs, UC Davis Dining Services sends out a weekly email to members of a listserve to give a brief reminder of the date and time of the market. It also includes nutritional data on some of the produce available and quick, easy recipes. To sign up for this listserve managed by UC Davis Dining Services, click here.
Voucher Program Visit the Health Education & Promotion table at the UC Davis Farmers Market to win $1 vouchers for the market. These vouchers are sponsored by the market sponsors.
In addition, Aggie Cash is accepted at the market through a dollar-for-dollar exchange for Market Dollars, which can be used both at the UC Davis Farmers Market and the Davis Farmers Market downtown.
- Farmers Market Brings Fresh Fruit, Veggies to Campus, May 8, 2007
- Farmers Market Returns to Campus, April 7, 2008
- Student Health Center Information Page
- Food, ETC.: UC Davis Farmers Market, May 31, 2011
- 10 Most Impressive College Farmers Markets, June 11, 2012
You can purchase ingredients for your dinner, additions to your lunch, or a quick snack at the UC Davis Farmers Market from the following farms:
- Student Farm - a wide variety of fruits & veggies (dried beans, figs, jujubes, carrots, radishes, artichokes, basil, melon, tomato)
- Henry's Bullfrog Honey- honey from Winters, CA
- Mt. Moriah Farms - apples (fuji, pink lady), stone fruit (cherries, peaches, nectarines, plums, apricots, grapes)
- Sam Cabral & Family Orchard - almonds of many flavors, walnuts, almond butter, olive oil
- Schletewitz Family Farm- fruits and veggies of a wide variety, including tangelos, persimmons, plums, grapes, yams, oranges, apricots, nectarines, grapefruit, mandarins
- Zhey's Farm- a wide variety of veggies (bok choy, spring onion, green beans, asian vegetables, swiss chard, beets) and flowers
- Vue Farm - okra, chinese long beans, basil and other leafies, chilis, other veggies
Various food options are available inside the ASUCD Coffee House and nearby UC Davis Silo Union. You can purchase fresh, healthy meals on the Silo Patio during the market from the following University Dining food booths/trucks:
- Star Ginger - Offering a variety of bahn mi sandwiches, rice bowls, and Thai tea.
- Gunrock Pub and Harvest Bakery Booth - Local and market inspired soups, sandwiches and salads from Gunrock Pub and delicious sweet treats baked fresh on campus at Harvest Bakery.
- Shah's Halal Food - Offering a selection of Mediterranean and Persian halal foods.
2011-01-10 14:44:55 Got a couple of Apples here and Apple Juice for lunch from here before, very good. Also a very convenient and a nice reminder that Davis has a Farmer's Market at Downtown. —ClarenceL