Not to be confused with the UC Davis Tennis Club.
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/185678768181070/
President's Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UC Davis Table Tennis Club
Meetings are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. in the Upper South End of the ARC Pavilion. Players are always welcome to stay later until closing time of the Pavilion.
This club is NOT limited only to students of UC Davis. Anyone can join the club, no matter what skill level you are, once you can gain access into the ARC. If you are not a student at UC Davis, then you will need to buy ARC Membership in order gain access into the ARC to get to the Upper South Pavilion.
Non-members are free to come and play with friends during club meetings, as well as get a few tips on technique. Round robins occur biweekly and cost $2 to play in it. You are placed in a group of 4-6 people around your skill level and play against the other members of your group. If you win your group, you can get a table tennis prize!
To see the days when practice is cancelled, when there is practice and/or when the next round robin will be, check the UC Davis Table Tennis Fall Practice Schedule 2015. For more information and updates, please visit the UC Davis Table Tennis/Ping Pong Club Facebook group or email James Wang at email@example.com.
Officers of the UC Davis Table Tennis Club for 2014-2015:
|James Wang and Anna Wang|
|JZ and Danny Yip|
- Free t-shirt
- Access to a coach who comes on Mondays
- Play against other schools in NCTTA tournaments
- Travel provided to round robins in Folsom on Sundays
- Frequent social outings with a fun group of people!
Steps to Membership
- Pay ARC Membership fee if you are not a student of UC Davis
- Fill out the insurance and B2H forms for Table Tennis, available at https://myrecreation.ucdavis.edu/store/index.aspx?view=activity&Unit=60
- Pay the $10 admin fee online for Table Tennis
- Pay club fee of $20/quarter or $40/year to the Treasurer (If you pay for two quarters, you will be automatically enrolled for the year)
- 3-Star DHS table tennis balls are provided
- 4 Butterfly tables, 2 Killerspin tables
- Purple Newgy barriers
- Beginner paddles are available, bringing own paddle is recommended
UC Davis Table Tennis Team
The UC Davis Table Tennis team play in the NCTTA Divisionals, Regionals, and National tournaments. The top 12 players from the club will be selected for the team.