Neither candidate was elected. They will continue to fight for their goals, on behalf of all the people that voted for them.
Some people question whether two people can truly make a slate. But if you can have an Army of One, you can have an Alliance of Two1. The United Student Alliance, or USA, stands for truth, justice, and the American Way.
In short, they stand for:
- Fiscal Responsibility - Not spending $33,000 on plasma screens for AGTV (<- click to see why), and auditing units to see if they run more efficiently. Also, we plan to cut the $1000 ASUCD Retreat so Senators getting crunk at Tahoe doesn't happen on your dime.
- ASUCD Open Government - Getting the budget online so you can better participate.
- Improving Lobbying Efforts - We plan to work with UCSA to try to get them to waste less money, and channel more into action that benefits all students, such as cheaper textbooks and protecting financial aid.
- Cheap Textbooks - Continuing the work of Senator Birdsall to get textbook ISBN numbers on MyUCDavis.
- Promoting the Arts - There are many free and cheap events on campus, which we hope to help promote to a wider section of students.
Though the Alliance is a new slate, it considers itself the ideological descendent of Friends Urging Campus Kindness. The Friends have yet to endorse the Alliance, but we hope that our platform will win over Urger supporters everywhere.
- Brent Laabs, Campaign Manager
- "Libertarian" Paul Amnuaypayoat, Campaign Manager
- Jillian Weinstein, Campaign Intern
- Barnabas Truman, Spiritual Advisor
USA is #1! Go USA!
2005-11-02 22:14:05 I have no idea how I became the Spiritual Advisor of a group that I didn't even know existed, but I'd be happy to help if you need advice or reassurance or whatever. —BarnabasTruman
2005-11-14 22:55:04 "Two is also the approximate size of the Coalition in Iraq" You forgot Poland —RevChad
2005-12-13 23:22:09 Wait, I thought Friends Urging Campus Kindness was still a viable slate. How does a slate that is not defunct have a spirtual descedant? —TimCoady
1. Two is also the approximate size of the Coalition in Iraq