Upsilon Sigma Alpha claimed to be a pro-American, media oriented, co-ed Davis Honor Society. It was unofficially established in April of 2007 and became a SPAC organization in May of 2007. They are not a member of any established honor society association, rather they seek to become an inter-honor society association. A sister honor society has begun filing paperwork to become official as well. They are also working on starting a chapter at San Diego State University. Upsilon Sigma Alpha members say that they will never use illegal or controlled substances during their events or functions.
It was part of Steve Ostrowski's empire.
Their motto is: "We're a REAL organization."
Our mission is to provide fun and entertainment to those loyal to the spirit of America. We have laser tag outings, bowling, movie nights, anti-prohibition celebrations, and we allow members to advise the Board of Directors on the running of this great honor society.
The main activities of Upsilon Sigma Alpha are recreation, political activity, participation in media, and discussions of the trials and tribulations that come with trying to be principaled while working towards positive change. They encourage political diversity in the group.
They will be rushing (allowing prospective members to consider joining) throughout the 2007-2008 UCD school year. The charge for joining USA is one American quarter. They have no established location, meeting on campus and in town. They are a co-ed honor society.
The Brothers and Sisters of the Upsilon Sigma Alpha honor society had a special buffet lunch at the great wall of china II in Davis. "We'll meet there around 12:30 pm on Saturday, December 8, 2007 , though the approximate time has not been decided yet. We'll be discussing the importance of Charity, and celebrating our members' accomplishments over the past quarter."
The Davis Defender will be an AS PAPERS publication featuring endorsement-like statements of ASUCD candidates, biographaphical profiles of the Board of Directors, society activities, and detailed descriptions of the Upsilon Sigma Alpha way of life. It will be a four or six page newspaper in the same style as the Davis Enforcer.
Board of Directors
|President: The Unknown Sage|
|EPPC The Anonymous One|
|EAC:The Unknown One|
|IAC Edward Baraona|
- USA Honor Society Bill #1:The USA honor society hereby permits Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender/Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, and Pansexual individuals to become members of the honor society. 5-4-0
Laser Tag Squadrons
The Unknown One The Anonymous One
Steve Ostrowski The Unknown Sage
#1 The Unknown One, Average 120-135 #2 Steve Ostrowski, Average 105-115 #3 The Anonymous One, Average 100-110 #4 Ronald Payne, Average 80-90 #5 The Unknown Sage, Average 75-85
US Presidential Race
- Mike Gravel Former Senator of Alaska (D)
- Mike Huckabee Former Gov. of Arkansas (R)
- President: Joseph Bleckman
- Vice President: Andrea Thomas
2007-10-30 00:42:41 "Upsilon Sigma Alpha has pledged to be drug free during all functions and locations."
I never pledged anything. —GregWebb
2007-10-30 08:53:47 Being drug free is part of being American. —JoseBleckman
- Starbucks on every corner is American. Tobacco fields are American. Beer on Sunday with football is American. America is a nation of drugs, I cannot pledge to avoid them because I cannot pledge to not be American. - GW
2007-10-30 12:19:02 Greg, we're not talking about cigarettes or alcohol. As long as you are over 18 when you buy or possess cigarettes and over 21 when you buy or possess alcohol that's fine. But it is un-American to possess or buy any other sort of illegal drug. I put down a ban on narcotics until we can establish how we define the word "drug." —RonPayne
- Either they are too stupid to understand or they are yanking your chain. And they aren't stupid. Don't play their game; it is perfectly clear what you meant to say, Ron. Either that, or they can't understand a NA meeting or one of the old Grateful Dead concert drug free zones, and are going to have difficulty getting through life being that mindlessly kneejerk pedantic with a mono-philosophical point of view. This looks like a fun group, just ignore the razzing. When I was in college, there was a group similar to this, but they didn't last. They threw some great parties, though, and they spun off a small tennis league. —JabberWokky
2007-10-30 12:43:58 I like this group. —CarlosOverstreet
2007-10-30 18:25:50 Ok I like the war on drugs, it allows President Bush to send money to my people. —GregWebb
2007-10-31 01:25:45 To be a truly pro-American group those average bowling scores need to go up. —JimEvans
2007-10-31 01:52:44 Where are the Average Baseball Scores and Fantasy Football Rankings?
Or, if you can't do fantasy football, how about Fantasy Congress? —MaxMikalonis
2007-11-05 23:17:25 When are you going to pass a bill allowing heterosexuals to join? —JamesSchwab
2007-11-05 23:58:25 It is implied and already in our codes that heterosexuals could join. —RonPayne
2007-11-06 00:08:30 How is it implied and in what codes? —JamesSchwab
2007-11-06 07:36:26 so if your USA frat bill #1 hadn't passed by one vote, would Upsilon Sigma Alpha be in non compliance with UCD principles of community? close call... —PxlAted
2007-11-06 19:18:31 For as much as you debate candidates here..I'd think one of you would have noted the election on the Front Page! —PhilipNeustrom
- Heh. Typically, I enter the site via Recent Changes. I tend to forget that there is a Front Page. :) Rest assured, though, that I spent a great deal of time yesterday reminding people about the election. And then explaining to them that it was the real election, not the student goverment one. Such is life in Upsilon Sigma Alpha.-The Unknown Sage
Do we need to have a meeting in that part of campus, Ron? That's awfully late for a friday.-The Unknown Sage
We also will be chilling with Chairman Rivera at that time...sooo I really don't think it's gonna work out. -GW
I've heard that ASUCD allocates huge estates to the Commission Chairs. I'm excited to see the four pools.-The Unknown Sage
Why, what's going on with you guys on Friday? I already sent a notice to the California Aggie so I can't really back out now. Maybe we can have another meeting sometime. —RonPayne
Top secret IAC meeting to light copies of the Pledge Bill on fire and cook vegetarian burgers over it. -GW
- However Gregory demanded there be American beef there too.-The Unknown Sage, American Patriot
Did you reserve the room with SPAC?-The Unknown Sage
- Yeah, Friday and then the MU Patio all next week —RonPayne
- Top secret IAC meeting to light copies of the Pledge Bill on fire and cook vegetarian burgers over it. -GW
- Why, what's going on with you guys on Friday? I already sent a notice to the California Aggie so I can't really back out now. Maybe we can have another meeting sometime. —RonPayne
- I've heard that ASUCD allocates huge estates to the Commission Chairs. I'm excited to see the four pools.-The Unknown Sage
2007-12-08 09:09:18 "The Brothers and Sisters of the Upsilon Sigma Alpha fraternity will be having a special buffet lunch at the great wall of china II in Davis."
- Great Wall of China II, WTF Mate? —GregWebb
You must be logged in to comment on this page. Please log in.