Davis Urban Legends
Please include debunking or confirming information on subpages.
Note: Many of these listed are debunkable with a little research, don't believe everything you hear!
- Haunted Houses
- Jimmy Carter's visit
- Jimmy didn't visit, but Rosalind did, to see Village Homes, which was the country's first all-solar housing development —BevSykes
- What's buried under the bike statue on Russell
- Cow Tipping
- World War Two Prisoners
- Famous Alumni
- Invention of Agent Orange
- The Unibomber's Visit
- Girl's Face on Side of Tercero B - legend has it that a girl living on the second floor of Tercero B leapt to her death (from a second floor?!). The faint image of her face later become apparent on the wall - or it maybe it was that her friends painted her face on the wall, it was later painted over, and reappeared (which would make complete sense as one can often see the vague impression of underlying layers of paint).
- Any Greeks care to spill the beans?
- Lands deeded with stipulations
- "Square Tomatos" - were invented here. Most tomatoes one finds in a grocery store are "square" tomatoes. They are more robust than (round?) tomatoes, eliminating a formerly significant problem of tomatoes breaking during harvesting.
- Sword and Sandals, UCD's very own secret society