Note: none of the UC Davis webcams work any more.
- http://188.8.131.52/~codar/ or http://www.bml.ucdavis.edu/facility/webcam.html - BOON (Bodega Ocean Observing Node) at Bodega Marine Laboratory view of Horseshoe Cove.
- http://184.108.40.206/Jview.htm or http://www.ae.ucdavis.edu/webcams/GiedtCam.htm - Giedt Hall looking North.
- http://220.127.116.11/view/index.shtml * - Tercero 2
- http://18.104.22.168/view/index.shtml or http://www.ae.ucdavis.edu/webcams/BreweryWineryFood.htm or http://wineserver.ucdavis.edu/content.php?category=Facilities&id=857 - Construction of The August A. Busch III Brewing and Food Science Laboratory
- http://22.214.171.124/view/index.shtml * or http://www.ae.ucdavis.edu/webcams/HWCCam.htm - Student Health and Wellness Center
- http://126.96.36.199/view/index.shtml or http://www.ae.ucdavis.edu/webcams/RMICam.htm - [temporarily down?]
- http://188.8.131.52/view/index.shtml - Camera at 38.53503,-121.750854 bearing 230 deg. (On water tower adjacent Earth and Physical Sciences building). Views intersection at Garrod Drive & California Avenue. Cottonwood Cottage is on the corner.
- http://184.108.40.206/view/index.shtml * - King Hall renovations (camera on Mrak Hall roof?)
- http://220.127.116.11/view/index.shtml or http://www.gsm.ucdavis.edu/webcam/ - View of the Graduate School of Management Offices & Conference Center
- http://18.104.22.168/view/index.shtml - View of the Student Community Center
- http://yoloberryyogurt.com/yogurtcam.html - Yolo Berry Yogurt used to have an in-store webcam. However, they got rid of it due to the complaints from some customers.
- http://www.yoloelections.org/returns/webcam.html - Yolo County Election Returns webcam. Watch live as your vote is (mis)counted. [This link may return during election season.]
- http://22.214.171.124/phcam.html - SpammerCam: watch spammers in action as they deface websites around the world!
* You can control webcams marked with an asterisk.
Also see Surveillance Cameras. Not nearly as fun (really, you're on the other side of the lens).
Quick-n'-dirty webcam finder. If you don't understand it, it's not for you.
#!/usr/bin/env python #"tcpclient.py": Quick-and-dirty webcam finder (with bugs, shortcomings). Hacker friendly. #To run: "python -u tcpclient.py" from a shell. import socket def getdata(HOST): string=gethost(HOST,"/") if "URL=/view/index.shtml" in string: string=gethost(HOST,"/view/index.shtml") return string def gethost(HOST,GET): sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_STREAM) sock.settimeout(1) sock.connect((HOST,80)) sock.send("GET %s HTTP/1.1\r\n"%GET) sock.send("Host: %s\r\n\r\n"%HOST) string = "" data = sock.recv(1024) while len(data): string += data data = sock.recv(1024) sock.close() return string a=169 b=237 for c in range(0,255+1): for d in range(0,255+1): HOST='%s.%s.%s.%s'%(a,b,c,d) print "Trying %s..."%HOST, try: string=getdata(HOST) except: print "error\r", else: if "Camera" in string: print "\a*****************************Camera found"