The Western Human Nutrition Research Center is one of the USDA facilities on campus and in town. It is located next to the Genome Center. As of February 14th 2007, the construction of the building was completed and the labs in use.
Their projected research topics include:
- Influence of Dietary Fatty Acids on Human Health with Emphasis on Immune and Inflammatory Responses
- Micronutrients and Immune Function
- Reduction of Prostate Cancer Risk through Nutrition
- Dietary Patterns, Mineral, and Vitamin Metabolism
- Internal and External Factors Affecting Food Intake and Body Weight
If you are interested in being a part of the numerous human nutrition research studies that go on here, please visit their website.