|This entry refers to a mostly departed wiki that is feeling unloved and wants to move to Topeka.All information here is for historical reference only, or because the wiki feels like it. It's getting really dark in here. Goodbye cruel world.|
Goodbye! You are now leaving the community wiki for Davis, California, USA! This is the final page on the Wiki. You must turn around and go back to see the rest of the Wiki. This project was an interconnected community effort to explore, discuss and compile anything and everything about Davis — especially the big, irritating things. This entire site was maintained by the people who used it: Anyone could have edited this website! We hope you enjoyed your stay.
If you're new, you should have checked out the Introduction. Or perhaps tried reading a random page: But do you listen to directions? No.
Davis Wiki has been part of the local community for over five years and is a founding site of the Wiki Spot project, which provides a home and interconnectivity for all kinds of wiki projects. Goodbye from the wiki! Don't you wish you spent more time here?
The 102nd annual Picnic Day and its associate parade is on Saturday, April 16, 2016. Weather forecast: sunny, 84 F, light winds: perfect. Post your photos here!
For a schedule of events, visit the UC Davis website.
- All the stuff that's like, going on now
- Stuff that happens over and over again, Other stuff that is happening
- Get off the computer and go outside, Or at least study a little bit
- Stuff to do instead of studying, Stuff to do when you should be sleeping, Stuff that you're not cool enough to listen to, 'Zines
- It was great when it all began, Our Overlords, Stealing souls
- Learning you stuff, Developing our new technological overlords, Get free books
- Art Galleries, Town Art, Local Artists, Urban Art
- Pay to Run, Run free!
- Shopping Centers, Shave the Whales!, Clothing Stores, Thrift Stores
- Being Poor, Being really poor
- Boo-Boo Kissing, Freeloading, Hiding your money from the man, Legal harassment advisors, Spiritual Organizations
- Lonely People, People who want alone time, How to get some
- Memorials, Work for free, Poop
- Classified Ads, Pets that ran away because they were unloved, People who need lives.
- Davis Wish List, Bizarro Davis
- Bizarro World, Drom's Comics and Cards, Real Computers & Free Puppies
- Supermarkets & Grocery Stores, International Foods
- Restaurants, Coffee Shops, Catering, Eating Contests, Cheap Food, Breakfast, Lunch Specials
- Eating with other lonely people, Hippie food, More hippie food
- Town History, Glossary, Breaking News
- Weather, Environment, Geography, Davis at a Glance
- Social Structures, Organizations, Davis Politics, Media, Member Pages
- Navigating Davis, Downtown, Central, North, East, South, West, Streets, Outskirts, Parks, Greenbelts
- Transportation, Driving in Davis, Automobiles, Bicycling in Davis, Davis without a car
- Rental Housing Guide, Residences, Apartments, Cooperative Housing, Laundry & Drycleaning, Hotels
- Campus, Campus Buildings, Dorms, Arboretum
- Spots And Places, Sleeping On Campus
- Campus Art
- University Construction
- Colleges, Professional Schools
- Student Organizations, ASUCD, GSA, LSA, KDVS, The California Aggie
- Administrative Officers
- Getting the most out of your student fees
And be sure to check out the regular events that happen for the day..
Some pages dedicated to issues of interest:
Please edit this page and add your own picture! Instructions for changing the mystery picture are available in the "info" page for this page.
/ | ||
...."Have you mooed today?"...
2014-12-26 Oh my god, so many changes. Read about them over here!
Check out the archive for older news....
Check out the discussion for commentary on the news...
Hints for Editing
A good place to start was by checking out the Davis Wiki Guide.
A Wiki is a linked set of pages that anybody can edit and contribute to if they have the time, access to internet, and a computer. Wikipedia is the prime example of a successful wiki project. Also, check out Why Wiki Works for some information on the philosophy of wiki.
Feel free to come back some time and make new pages — and try to remember to link them. Also, if you don't know where to start or don't have any ideas, check out To Do.
To see the most recent edits made you could have looked at the Recent Changes page. Also, we hope you checked your userpage as people might have left you comments on there.