|1818 Moore Boulevard in North-East Davis|
|Types of Units:|
The Wildhorse Condominiums feature individually owned and property-company-managed condos. It was built in 2006, so it is one of the newer housing areas in Davis. It is also one of the furthest complexes from the UC Davis campus. Luxury comes with a price: distance. Every unit has a garage in addition to regular amenities like washer and dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, fridge, and central heat and air. Second story units have a deck while first floor units have a small, unenclosed patio area. There is also a pool and a spa, but sadly the management does not heat the spa, nor do they clean the spider webs off of buildings, which they claim they will do, even though they apparently are very willing to hand out charges for violations of 'décor' (a.k.a. plastic chairs on porches).
The complex is generally quiet because it is populated by a mix of families, young professionals, and college students. Units on Moore Blvd. have a great view of Nugget Fields and are well within earshot of screaming soccer moms and whistles (and an ice cream truck that plays annoying music at 125 decibels - which I hope they have a noise permit for - nonstop during games), and the rear units overlook part of the Wildhorse Golf Course. There are many visitor parking spots, but be warned that management will tow cars that repeatedly park in visitor spots.
- Unitrans L-Line bus stop about 30 second walk from the door of your condo (Moore and Pole Line Stop)
- Unitrans P/Q Line stops a 10-minute walk away (Pole Line and Covell)
- Yolobus 42A/42B stops a 10-minute walk away (Pole Line and Covell)
- UC Davis Campus 3 miles away, or a 55-minute walk
- 20-minute Bike Ride to UC Davis campus
- At unannounced times, a private security guard will arrive and sit in his security car in the parking lot, which has the great side effect of deterring any creeps. This makes the condos, which would otherwise feel a little secluded, seem one of the safer places in Davis.