There is a two week "trial period" after an animal is adopted. If, for any reason at all, the animal must be returned to us during the first two weeks after the adoption, we will either fully refund the adoption fee, or help to place the family with another animal in our system.
Adoption Requirements Checklist:
- You must be at least 18 years old. Be prepared to provide identification.
- If you adopt a dog or cat, agree to have your pet spayed or neutered. The adoption counselor will make arrangements for spay or neuter surgery as part of the adoption process.
- You must guarantee adequate exercise, food, water, shelter, vaccinations, medical care, grooming, identification, lifelong care and love for your new pet.
- You must adhere to state and local ordinances pertaining to animal care and control.
- In addition, in keeping with Yolo County SPCA's mission, animals will not be adopted to a research institute, to someone who sells animals to research institutions, or to a person with a history of animal abuse. Yolo County SPCA reserves the right to deny the adoption of any animal.