Nationally Founded 1847
UC Davis Original Chartering 1981
UC Davis Rechartering 2014
203 1st Street, Davis, CA 95616
|Sergeant at Arms|
Zeta Psi strives to be the most well-rounded fraternity on campus. Our excellence in brotherhood, academic achievement, and philanthropy yields both the admiration and the envy of others.
"Zeta Psi is a historic, elite, and intimate brotherhood. Since 1847 we have taken pride in the caliber of schools we are at and the quality of men we invite to join. Zeta Psi is established at the best schools in the United States and Canada, and from them, recruits the finest of men — leaders, scholars, athletes, and philanthropists. It is possible to find brothers wearing letters on the street who you’ve never met and have an instant friend and a great conversation — because each brother cares deeply about being a Zete and the brotherhood.
A uniquely valuable sense of community stems from our intimate size and elite style that groups with 100, 200 or more chapters—at any campus that requests membership—can’t match. That sense of real brotherhood is very important to us, and it’s why we have such involved, life-long alumni. There was an active chapter at UC Davis from 1981 to 1998 called the Iota Delta chapter. The Iota Delta chapter gave us many spectacular alumni, many of which live close by and are excited to help the new chapter grow and become prevalent in Davis.
The current Iota Delta chapter was re-founded at Davis on May 17th, 2014. Since then, the brotherhood has grown to become a leading fraternity on campus excelling in academics, athletics, and philanthropy. The brothers of UC Davis Zeta Psi actively strive to continue improving themselves, the chapter, their campus, and their community. The sense of brotherhood at Zeta Psi cannot be matched and will continue to live on in the decades to come."
Zeta Psi fraternity revolves around the principles of true lifelong brotherhood. Zetes come together to have fun, enjoy life, get the most out of college, better ourselves and form lifelong bonds of brotherhood. Despite all the fun that college brings, the main reason you came to school is to get an education with the hopes of that translating to success in life. However, a great many of the things you need in life—to get by, have fun, and ultimately succeed — aren’t taught in class. All our brothers can attest that you get more than the necessary knowledge, experience, and skill from Zeta Psi. The result: better and more successful men with great memories, lifelong friends and the best experience you can have in college or beyond.
RUSHING ZETA PSI
If interested, next rush is this coming Fall 2018. For more information about upcoming rushes, one can visit Zeta Psi's official Facebook page or Instagram, @zetapsidavis.
As a fraternity, Zeta Psi hosts at least one philanthropy event per quarter. On top of putting on their own philanthropy events, they also actively participate in other philanthropies put on by different organizations. Giving back is one of the main attributes of being a Zete, and the men of Zeta Psi do so with much enthusiasm. Some of Zeta Psi's philanthropic contributions include:
- 2015 Zeta Psi Charity Ball Soccer Tournament
- 2016 Zeta Psi Glow Run for Make-A-Wish Foundation
- 2016 Runner-Up in Pi Beta Phi's Arrowjam Philanthropy
- 2016 Champions in Delta Delta Delta's Dodgeball Tournament Philanthropy
- 2016 Zeta Psi Curbside Cookout for Make-A-Wish Foundation
- 2016 Runner-Up in Delta Gamma's Anchor Splash Philanthropy
- 2017 Champions in Pi Beta Phi's Arrowjam Philanthropy
- 2017 Champions in Kappa Kappa Gamma's Karnival Philanthropy
- 2017 Zeta Psi Howl-o-Week for Northern California Fire Relief
- President- Canyon Gutierrez
- Vice President- Randall Post
- Treasurer- Tyler Hughes
- Sergeant at Arms- John Chesney
- Secretary- Jed Whetstone
- Corresponding Secretary- Kyle Kauler
- Historian- Jordan Ricci
- Brotherhood Chair- Nicholas Barber
- New Member Educator- Jared May
- Rush Chairs- Joe Gutierrez
- Internal Social Chair- Tucker Sipes
- External Social Chair- Parssa Garoosi
- Webmaster- Elliot Austin
- House Manager- Jonathan Chesney
- Philanthropy Chairs- Donovan Mongelos and Alec Kuebler
- Song Chair- Conor Calvert
- T-Shirt Chair- Alexis Bustamante
- Sports Chair- Josh Gazzanigga
- Scholarship Chair- Cory Sterner