Sometimes you just want to get some breakfast. And sometimes you want breakfast not at breakfast-time. This is your guide. How late a business is open at night is the focus of the entry for night time. This list focuses on restaurants that serve a full breakfast meal. If you just want coffee and baked goods, there are many more choices; have a look at the list of cafés/bakeries and donut shops.
Open early: 6:30 or earlier
- Black Bear Diner
- Jack in the Box
- Konditorei - opens at 6:00 Tue - Fri. Not just pastries.
- Noah's Bagels - opens at 6:00 Mon - Fri
- Nugget at Covell - not really a restaurant, but opens at 6:00 daily. Offers baked goods, espresso, and smoothies. Bagels can be toasted on request.
- The Posh Bagel - opens at 6:00 AM for your eggwich/bagel needs.
- Village Bakery - not really a restaurant, just a café/bakery, but notable for being open at 5:30!
- various cafés offering cold baked goods only (and of course coffee)
- several places outside of Davis; see below
See also Open 24 hours.
Breakfast Served All Day
Traditional American diners / greasy spoons
Outside of Davis:
- Denny's - (Woodland et al) Your standard breakfast fare, giant portions for cheap.
- Don's Diner (Woodland) - Serves breakfast all day. Best breakfast in Yolo county, worth the 10 minute drive to Woodland.
Contemporary / California-style / upscale
- Crepeville - Well they don't really have true breakfast crepes, but they serve breakfast items all day.
- Crepe Cart in the Silo - They have true breakfast crepes.
- Konditorei - Serves pastries, plus a decent-sized "Breakfast Pizza," with a fried egg, bacon, ham, turkey, and cheese on it. Also a few other breakfast selections.
- Sonic (Woodland) - Serves breakfast throughout their hours. In fact, they serve their whole menu whenever they are open.
- Jack in the Box - Note: You can substitute sourdough bread onto ANY sandwich for $.29 One of the few fast food places with 24-hour breakfast! (See also Sonic)
Breakfast Served into the Afternoon
- Bistro 33 - breakfast 8:00 - 2:00 PM on weekends only. No breakfast on weekdays.
- Cafe Bernardo - Eggs Bernardo is pretty coo'. Pricey, though. Opens for breakfast at 7:00 daily.
- Caffe Italia - Served until noon on weekends. Good omelettes and traditional fare.
- Ciocolat - Served 'till 2pm on Weekends
- Cindy's - Fresh squeezed orange juice. You can watch them squeeze it. More entertaining than hot-dog-on-a-stick, but weaker costumes. (Closes at 2 p.m. and reopens at 4:30 p.m.)
- Cornish Kitchen and Catering - Brunch 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM on "weekends only". No breakfast on weekdays
- Delta of Venus - Famous breakfast burritos and other options depending on time and day (read the menu carefully because there are numerous restrictions). Opens at 8:00.
- Farmer's Kitchen Cafe Breakfast/Brunch on Sundays from 9AM - 2PM
- Let Them Eat Cake Breakfast on weekends
- Putah Creek Cafe - (Winters) People actually bike out for breakfast here. Zoom-zoom! Opens at 6:00 daily; serves breakfast through 1:00 PM.
- Seasons - Sunday brunch 11:00AM-2:00PM
Breakfast Only Served in the Morning
- The ASUCD Coffee House - breakfast burritos usually until 9:30 (could be later or earlier on how fast they go), doughnuts in the Bakery while they last
- Ciocolat - Served 'till 11 M-F
- Del Taco - Mini or macho-tastic breakfast burritos.. mmm!
- Guadalajara - Breakfast burritos or breakfasty nachos from 8-10:30 AM
- McDonald's - Egg McMuffin, anyone?
2007-09-03 14:37:27 This page should probably be pared down to omit all the cafes and bagel places that happen to be open early in the morning. There are hordes of them and their inclusion makes it hard to find the restaurants that offer an actual sit-down breakfast or brunch. Comments welcome. —HenryHouse
2010-08-13 12:07:54 Any recommendations for a fairly nice Sunday brunch around 11 or 11:30? My folks are coming for a visit. Seasons looks like one good option, but are there any other thoughts? —TomGarberson