Paid Internship Opportunity! Retail clothing line and greek apparel company looking for 1-2 interns.
Must be willing to travel to our location in Fairfield (about 25 minutes from Davis). The ideal candidate would be someone interested in fashion, marketing, social media and/or photography. Lots of projects to work on including marketing materials, shooting and editing products, managing and curating Pinterest boards, assisting with shipping and packaging. Blogging weeking and assisting with styled shoots will also be part of the position. Need someone to commit to 4-5 hours, one day a week to start. More than willing to work with the right person's schedule! After a 30 day trial period, this will become a paid internship. Please email email@example.com
Career Opportunity! The University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources (UC ANR) is seeking a Data Analyst for the Youth, Families and Communities (YFC) statewide program. The data analyst will assist in evaluation and research of the 4-H Youth Development Program (4-H YDP) and Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) that serves approximately 111,000 youth and 15,200 adult volunteers annually across 57 of 58 counties in California. The data analyst will provide support in planning and implementation of data collection of program delivered to youth throughout the state. The data analyst will provide program evaluation support including data compilation and quantitative and qualitative data analysis to inform and improve program and policies. The data analyst will assist in reporting findings for YFC statewide programs to 4-H and EFNEP staff and academics, funders, stakeholders, and the general public.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Please read the full vacancy announcement for position details and required information to submit for application.
- Community & Employment Services provides goal-oriented support to adults with disabilities.
Davis Branch Library One Stop Career Center
Career counselors will offer assistance with finding a job, creating a resume and getting ready for an interview. The center also provides eligibility services by appointment for CalFresh, CalWORKs, Medi-Cal and other public assistance programs. To make an appointment for eligibility services, call (530) 312-5860. The Davis Branch Library One-Stop Career Center is free, open to the public and located in the Mary L Stephens Davis Branch Library at 315 E. 14th Street in Davis.
Hours of operations are Tuesdays and Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and Wednesdays 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. Drop-ins are welcome.
11/2/15 Turkish American Association of California, Sacramento Chapter is looking for 2 students to supervise children at their annual dinner party. The event will take place on Nov 14th between 7-11pm at the International house. There will be a separated children's room at the event and we are expecting about 15 kids of all ages from 3-14 yr. We need two students, who enjoy the company of children, to supervise, play with and entertain kids during this event (7-11 pm, $15/hr). We will provide games and arts&crafts supplies. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6/26/2015 The University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources is looking for a Communications Specialist to oversee a comprehensive communications program for the statewide Youth, Families and Communities Program (YFC) and more specifically the 4-H Youth Development Program (4-H YDP) and Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) that serves approximately 111,000 youth and 15,200 adult volunteers annually across 57 of 58 counties in California. Read full job description and apply here: https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58586
5/27/15 UC Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR) is looking for a full-time 4-H Program Assistant. As the first point of contact, under supervision of the Youth, Families, and Communities (YFC) Business Manager, provide administrative and programmatic support specific to the activities of the California State 4-H Youth Development Program. Closing date is June 5, 2015. To read the full job description and apply, please visit https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=58450.
12/4/14 Our company is looking for part-time callers with good phone etiquette to collect pricing data. We offer flexible scheduling, perfect for students, homemakers, and retirees. Having the ability to think fast and speak French is a plus. No experience required—just a great attitude for learning new skills. Starting at $10/hr, reimbursed for long distance. To Apply: Email to Tara, email@example.com, with basic resume. Thanks.
2/24/15 SF software startup Moboom is hiring Campus Ambassadors at UC Davis. Help grow and promote a new social network on campus. Starts at $10/hour, plus generous performance incentives for recruitment. Apply here: https://my.zartis.com/moboom/jobs/17751/campus-ambassador-california
9/24/2014 The Davis Chamber of Commerce is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant/Marketing and Communications. $12-$15/hr depending on qualifications. To Apply: Do not call or visit the office. Please send a cover letter, resume, and references via email to “firstname.lastname@example.org” no later than 5pm, Friday, October 3, 2014. The subject line of the email should read: “Executive Assistant/Marketing and Communications Application: Your First Name_Your Last Name”. Please also title your documents with your full name i.e “Cover Letter_Your First Name_Your Last Name.pdf Visit http://www.davischamber.com for additional information.
I'm looking for someone with a pickup truck who can help me move 3 items (futon, desk and filing cabinet) on September 1st @ noon 0.3 miles to my new apartment. The job will require the ability to move the 3 items down two flights of stairs and up one flight. I estimate the job should take no more than 1-2 hour at most. If interested please emaill email@example.com with your fee. Thanks!
08/09/2014 Pole Line Road Baptist Church is seeking a part-time worship leader 12 hours per week, starting at $12-$15/hr. depending on experience. For information please inquire to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- UC Davis Student Employment and Student Employment Database Student jobs. These are part-time jobs or temporary full-time jobs, normally limited to 19 hours a week if it is a work-study job.
- The Student Employment Center also sponsors an Annual Summer Job Fair.
- UCD Temporary Employment Service can be a good way to get your foot in the door at the University.
- UCD Health System Job openings in many areas, not strictly medical related.
- UCD staff openings Note that the hiring process takes forever, and it may be several months before you hear anything beyond "We have received your application..." Employment possibilities better for the younger applicant.
UC Agriculture and Natural Resources
- UC Agriculture and Natural Resources is a statewide network of University of California researchers and educators dedicated to the creation, development and application of knowledge in agricultural, natural and human resources. Both academic and staff job openings are posted for Davis (2801 Second Street) and other county extension offices.
General Local Job Listings
- The Heights Program (http://heightsprogramdavis.strikingly.com) is a service started by a student in 2015 that finds you the internship or work experience of your choice. It costs a small fee if you do finds the kind of internship you want, but is completely free otherwise.
- CAFF sometimes has openings in agriculture & food-related positions.
- The California Aggie See "Employment" and "Help Wanted" in the classified ad section.
- Craigslist is a quick and easy way to find jobs located in the Davis area. Craigslist has jobs all over the Sacramento area by category.
- The Davis Enterprise lists local jobs in their classifieds sections. The Sacramento Bee has an classified listing for the Greater Sacramento area, with a special insert on Sundays
- The Davis Joint Unified School District has online job listings
- DavisPost exclusive job listings from and for Davis residents and students only.
- SnagAJob.com has a direct listing of Davis jobs
- Sutter Davis Hospital jobs.
- http://www.scripps.org/about-us__contact-us - Job postings for local employer Scripps Health.
- http://www.memorialcare.org/apps/jobs - Job positions at local employer Memorialcare
Popular Local Employment
Of course, you can also go around town and throw your resume at anyone with a "Help Wanted" sign in their window (though we would actually recommend handing your resume to the person in charge in a polite and professional manner, as throwing it may not be conducive to obtaining a job, and could conceivably even result in assault charges). If you'd really like to work someplace in particular, but they don't have openings listed, give them your resume anyways. Many local businesses hire as-needed based on resumes they receive unsolicited.
You can learn how to apply for different jobs at the job applications page.
Popular Nearby Employment
- City of Sacramento
- CSU Sacramento
- Los Rios Community College District
- Sacramento School Districts
- Target to apply, you must complete an application through their on-site applicant station
- Yuba Community College District includes Woodland Community College
- TeleportJobs is a great resource for employment and has a number of jobs in the Sacramento area. Free for employers to post and search through resumes.
- Career Builder
Clinical and Experimental Trials
- Clinical trials/human guinea pig for Solano Clinical Research
- Medical research (AKA human guinea pig) Look under Southwest.
- UCD Nutrition studies
- UCD Environmental Science & Policy experiments pay $10-ish
- UCD Psychology Experiments most for credit, but some pay $10-$40
- The Imaging Research Center at the UC Davis Medical Center always has a need for paid volunteers. Most studies pay $10/hr (including travel), but some pay more.
Nontraditional Employment and Fast Cash
Sell your ovum at Northern California Fertility Medical Center; for women ages 21-31. $5000 cash.
- For those of you who are thinking about selling your ovum, there is a reason why they pay you so much. The whole process of donating eggs is very complicated, emotionally draining and painful. You can end up being infertile and it can be fatal as well. You might want to check out this New York Times article.
- Sell blood (you can always donate as well).
- Sell sperm - more information can be found from the California IVF: Davis Fertility Center, Inc..
- California State Controller Office, Bureau of Unclaimed Property For all those things you forgot to claim.
- Teach people some street smarts
- Make some investments.
2014-01-11 19:31:33 Hello Davis! Good news Red 88 has an open position for a front of house employee. So hurry on down and fill out an application, we will be conducting interviews for noteworthy applicants as soon as possible. Come join our team! We are located at 223 G St.
Red 88 Management —DanielleHarter